Response To The History of Printing Press

Printing started thousands and thousands of years ago, however, it wasn't very high tech in its early days. The early stages that were very simple remind me of things from my childhood. Each stage of printing as it has developed reminded me of something from today.
The block printing and stamp seals reminded me of stamps. As a kid, I loved to cover my arms in stamps, but I can't imagine writing whole newspapers with them.
Gutenberg's metal moveable type press somewhat reminds me of stamps, but more like a typewriter. the way each block is made out of metal and how is more efficient. Although a typewriter is more high tech than stamps, it's still less developed than current printing methods.
The crank press reminded me of tie-dying because of the process of letting the ink soak in and twisting the cloth.
The way printing has developed at such a rapid pace is astonishing and I can't wait to see how it continues to develop.



Comments